Masep Rotary Gamma Ray Stereotactic Extracranial System is a new product that owns independent property right after our Intracranial System. The treatment range extends from neck to whole body. It destroys pathological changes in a short time and causes little damage to healthy tissues surrounding the target. It provides a new method for tumor treatment.
Masep Rotary Gamma Ray Stereotactic Extracranial System is featured with high dosing, high precision and good cure rate to patients who need not go through surgical operations causing bleeding and pain. This is non-invasive and provides a completely new therapeutic approach to the treatment of tumors.
Rooting design in a human-friendly concept
1. Slanting isometric rotate focusing reduces the defect of patient抯 epidermic burning due to large radiation dose. It eliminates most radiation burning to patient.
2. Open frame and hanging radiation source design in Type C machine increase visual angle to doctors observing treatment process and reduce depression of patient during treatment.
3. Three-dimensional motion treatment bed capable of circling and tilting by �20o reduces harm to healthy tissue from radiation ray by shooting rays easily to the right position of patient.
4. Shielding structure for the 25 radiation sources laid in a concentrating sequence in one quadrant achieves most shielding effect when machined is stopped. It also makes the machine structure more human friendly, more reliable and more flexible for operation.
5. Treatment Planning System (TPS) can transfer real time images through networking.
6. Intelligence control system with high degree of automation and high reliability provides a user-friendly operating interface. Treatment planning data and its verification are handled by the intelligent programming, thus rendering the operator better concentrate on the treatment itself. Features such as redundant interlocking and alarming devices, dual-timers, uninterruptible power supply, simulation treatment under fail-safe condition (shielding door closed) are installed to achieve safety and reliability for both patient and doctor..
Deviation between mechanic positioning and radiation field centre: =0.5 mm.
Overall aiming accuracy by the 3-dimensional mechanic positioning system: =2.5mm
Repeat aiming accuracy: =2.5mm
Masep Rotary Gamma Ray Stereotactic Extracranial System consists of 4 parts:
Mainframe (including electrical and control system)
Co-60 radioactive source
Vacuum positioning bed and stereotactic accessories
g TPS treatment planning system
Masep Rotary Gamma Ray Stereotactic Extracranial System is equipped with 25 Co-60 sources. Each source contains f1x1 cobalt granules welded into 2 layer stainless steel casing through argon fluorine welding technique to ensure a tight seal. The total combined initial loading activity is 240.5 TBq ±10% (6500Ci±10%). Source specific activity is 300 Ci/g. Source active zone is f1x30. At initial loading the water absorption dose rate at focusing point is greater than 2.5 Gy/min. 25 cobalt sources are placed in the collimator passages.
Shielding structure: includes sources, switching device, shields, shielding door, front and rear door frames.
Sources: contain cobalt sources and primary collimators
Switching device: rotates with the source adding extra protection.
Exterior shielding: shields gamma rays to reach regulated requirement on air emission inside the treatment room.
Shielding door: shields gamma ray to prevent leakage.
Collimator passage: consists of 2 parts: source collimator passage and switching device collimator passage. Used to change radiation field during treatment to form radiation distribution adapting to tumor nature and shape.
Treatment bed: supporting patient and adjusting position to achieve a comfortable treatment.
Consists of electrical cabinet, operator console, motor driving mechanism, sensors, power supply and connecting cables.
Electrical cabinet: incorporates motor driving controller, motor driving mechanism, PLC, transformer, AC/DC converter, wiring terminals. Main switch is installed on the cabinet to control power supply to the whole system.
Operator console: incorporates color monitor, touch screen, pushbuttons, intercom system. By using touch screen and pushbuttons to display system status and input treatment parameters. Color monitor is used to monitor patient and intercom is used to talk to patient.
Motor driving mechanism: includes source motor, switching device motor, shielding door motor and treatment bed motor.
Sensors: monitors mechanical positioning.
UPS power system: includes UPS and battery box. 30 minutes backup is provided in case of power failure to automatically turn off switching device, recover treatment bed and close shielding door.
Treatment planning system
Includes hardware and software systems.
High speed laser printer.
Image import computer.
Flatbed reflecting/transmission scanner
Image import system V2.0
Treatment planning software SuperPlan V2.5
Image transfer software Dicom Gateway V1.0
Slant isometric rotate focusing
Collimator diameter / Focus diameter(mm)
Radiation penumbra of each collimator on the focal plane
Half height width of penumbra of eachcollimator on the focal plane
φ13 collimator: 13 ± 20% mm
φ30 collimator: 30 ± 10% mm
φ50 collimator: 50 ± 10% mm
Loading capacity of the treatment bed
Treatment bed horizontal swing angle
Treatment bed travel
X axis: 350 mm
Y axis: 400 mm
Z axis: 1200 mm
Focus change mode
Self-check automatic focusing
Ambient dose rate in front of shielding door when machine stops
Noise under normal operating condition
Rotate speed of radiation source
0.5 ~ 4 rpm
Co-60 overall activity at initial loading
241 TBg (6500 Ci) ± 10%
Focusing point dose rate at initial loading
Main frame dimension (mm)
2450 x 2300 x 2200 (L x W x H)
Treatment Planning System (TPS)
Case information and Image Data includes add, delete, and retrieve case information
• Dicom 3.0 standard. Direct connection to CT/MRI/PET/DSA devices for image transfer
• Interactive image position detection and automatic coordinate system setup
• Detection of automatic and manually traced contours on multiple structions
• Copy and paste contours from slice to slice profile
• Extrapolation and compression from slice to slice profile
• Definition and compilation of names, color and attributes for structural profile
• Image window size change for more objective display of faultage image and profile
• Three- dimensional curved surface contour display with the ability to change color and transparency
• Flexible and effective point, length and volume measurements
• Three window display modes
• Three-dimensional REV display
• BEV display
• Reconstruction and display of axial, coronary and sagittal images
• Image zoom, move, rotate and movie creation
• Image width and window level adjustment
• Full-screen display
TREATMENT PLANNING TOOLS
• The treatment planning system has two modes. The demo mode is an easy way for the user to learn how to operate the single and multi-focus treatment plan. The treatment mode is for patient planning.
• The treatment bed is a rotating angle design
• Selection and confirmation of treatment area
• Defines focus in random directional, sequential or reconstructed images
• Advanced physical model and three-dimensional calculations
• Supports multi-user and multi-planning
• Copy and paste tools
PLAN EVALUATION TOOLS
• Dose contour display for axial, coronary and sagittal images
• Three-dimensional or transparent dose contour display
• Real-time dose display
• Multi- dose return mode
• Linear dose distribution display
• Multi-structured dose display (DVH)
• Treatment plan report
• Image and evaluation graph
• Plan parameter data stream output
According to location the of lesion, the patient position needed to be determined. Generally 1) head left supine 2) Head left prone 3) the right supine head 4) the first right-prone. Make adjustment as required by the patient’s circumstances.
The CT /MRI or DA scan.
Send scan data into the TPS system, treatment program design, and transmitted to the treatment control system.
Position the patient on the treatment bed, then lock the bed.
Check and start the treatment plan: When the screen door open, the three-dimensional treatment of bed movement to the designated starting position, this time, the focus of the lesion relative to the ray coordinates in the Gamma Knife is the three-dimensional coordinate system coordinates. Lesions in the active position in the bed frame, bed-axis motion driven by the (control) to adjust the system so that lesions placed at the focus rays.
The treatment plan automatically transforms the collimator, treatment, and treatment focus aimed at targets. Treatment plan is based on the requirement of the lesions. Three-dimensional treatment is used to swing horizontally to within ± 20 °. The focus ray is always relative to the target.
When the treatment is finished, the collimator returns to the shielding position. The shielding doors close and the three-bed returns to its initial position. Release the lock on the patient then transport the patient to after treatment care.
If malfunctions occur during the course of the treatment, the collimator can manually be turned to the shielding position and shielding doors can be closed.
Gamma Ray System Center: Includes patient reception area, patient rooms, restrooms, control rooms, treatment planning rooms, treatment rooms, and consultation rooms.
Patient reception area: Patients must be accompanied by a responsible adult family member or caregiver. A reception area provides a comfortable area to wait during patient treatment.
Positioning room:: The patient is placed on the treament bed in preparation for therapy.
Control Room: Gamma Ray Sytem is is a shielded room. It is equipped with a computer, console, surveillance equipment, communications equipment and electrical equipment, and should be close to the treatment room.
Treatment Planning Room: CT/M/ or Angiographic images are sent to a specialized treatment-planning computer. The physician along with other specialist will design the treatment plan. The physician designs the treatment in the planning room.